Feedback please :)

Saalam all readers, i'm looking forward to suggestions that you might have to improve the content and delivery of this blog. Please advise on how we can make this blog a more fruitful and knowledgeable source :)

Please send your suggestions to :
simplymuqmin@hotmail.com

Friday, March 12, 2010

Salaam brothers and sisters!

Salaam brothers & sisters,

It has been long since i wrote. All thanks to the overload of work that I’ve been piled with. Recently, a lot of things have been happening to me which has put me through a lot of reckoning. Reckoning always leads to learning. Besides, I was also given the opportunity to attend 2 maulid rasool events. Alhamdullilah. Maulid Rasul is the rememberance of our prophet through reciting the verses from the quran that praises him, singing nasyids that reminds us of his greatness or through various other ways. Hence, throughout this past 1 month, I’ve learnt a lot about him and the events in his life. No matter how much we learn about him, its never enough to give us a complete account of his greatness.

There are so many things that I’d like to pen down in today’s post but I’m just afraid that I’d bore the readers who read this. Hence, I’d just quote a few things that I’d like to say. I’d try my best to keep it short and interesting. Inshallah.
When nabi Muhammad (s.a.w) was born, many events happened that night, at that very moment. 1 of which was that all the stars in the sky at that time fell forward and shone so brightly that the city of Mekkah appeared to be day. Surely, this incident might have been recorded as a scientific miracle that happened about 1450 years ago.

These events and the seal of the prophethood on his back prove to us that, undoubtedly, prophet Muhammad (s.a.w) is indeed a chosen one. Sometimes, as a fellow human, I do feel jealous of him. I know that’s not right but I am. I am jealous of how close he could have been to Allah(s.w.t) and how tightly Allah(s.w.t) held to him to guide him through each of his step. I feel jealous for the kind of faith the prophet has on Allah(s.w.t). I feel jealous for the endless love he had for his ummah. [The people of Thayyub and the people of Mekkah]

Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w) went through a lot. All of it was not for any selfish reasons or not for any material gain. Indeed it was for Islam, for Allah and for his people. And each time he faced a difficulty, he never lost his confidence in Allah and never questioned. Instead he always prayed for further guidance and continuously fell back on Allah(s.w.t). Each time he was faced with rejection, he never ridiculed or cursed his people. He only prayed for Allah(s.w.t) to forgive them for their ignorance.

Reflecting back on our lives, how many times have we gotten annoyed with someone who accidentally bumped against us on a busy street. OR even, how many times would we have argued with our family/friends over something so trivial, and in the end, leaving them hurt?

The problems we face today are nothing compared to what our prophet went through. He was an orphan, illiterate, poor, ridiculed, sent to exile, lost his sonds, brought to shame, was doubted..and the list goes on. But, brothers and sisters, just look at his faith! Even once, when I was about to perform my salaah, a young friend asked me…You have gone through so much and you still pray?.. I just smiled and said…. He has given me life. What more do I need?... I am not angry with the friend who asked me such a question. He is very young and he needs to learn. But comparing the challenges I have today to what our prophet faced back then, it’s probably a 0.001%.

However, I learnt how to deal with my challenges through the examples of Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w). Though I am nowhere near him, Alhamdullilah, I am close to people who try their best to follow him. I learn through them how to deal with my problems.

I always believe that we muslims should start thinking that we are ambassadors of Islam, Allah(s.w.t) and our prophet Muhammad (s.a.w). We should impart teachings of our prophet in our daily behavior and in the ways we treat our family, friends, neighbours, strangers and even enemies (Try our best not to have them anyway). Only then , can we spread the goodness of Islam to our fellow beings and Inshallah, may they feel the blessings of Allah(s.w.t) 1 day and join our big family as a ummah.

Inshallah. :)

No comments: