Feedback please :)

Saalam all readers, i'm looking forward to suggestions that you might have to improve the content and delivery of this blog. Please advise on how we can make this blog a more fruitful and knowledgeable source :)

Please send your suggestions to :
simplymuqmin@hotmail.com

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Allah is Simply great ..isnt HE?

I have to rush through my projects, i'm really short of time. But its just one of the days today where i got distracted by Facebook and the pictures some of my friends uploaded from their long holidays.

While browsing through the profiles of others, i came across one of my old college acquaintainces.Lets call her Apple. Its her name that sounded familiar and thus,i clicked on it - had a further peek into her pictures. Back at college, she was very outgoing. She was active in college functions, dance events and many more activities that a muslim gal should not get involved in.

I heard from a friend about a year ago, that she bumped into Apple. When she called me, she was so excited and her praises for God were just overwhelming. She kept saying ' I saw Apple!! You know what?? She's wearing the Hijab now!!!! And she gave me her Salaam!!!'. i was equally suprised and excited as my friend. Also - Alhamdulillah that she embrace the Hijab and good Ahlaq.

And today, when i saw Apple's pictures on Facebook, I noticed how much her face has changed. She is so much more sweeter now. She's well covered, her Hijab fits her so beautifully. I can say it from my heart, that she looked such a pious and blessed angel in my eyes. She didnt upload any pictures of her without the Hijab. All her pictures were so modest. I also noticed that she joined groups that were in praise of Allah(s.w.t) and his prophet Muhammad (s.a.w). Unknowingly, i teared then. And my heart whispered - Syukur Alhamdullilah, Allahu Akhbar

In retrospect, i thought of how she looked like back at college days. Allah has brought Deen into her heart, opened her heart to Islam, and allow her to accept the light. HE made her embrace the Hijab. HE changed made her look far more beautiful than she was. To think of it, this all happened in a matter of 2 years. Well, what is 2 years and 2 minutes when its all Allah's doings?

If HE wills, he will.

Allah is all hearing, ever fogiving. If HE means something for his muqmin, its just miraculous in the way HE does it. May be Apple was receptive to the faith and thats what turned it all around.

I remember Brother Yusof Islam's account. He was caught in a wild sea storm and he said a prayer at that time . I cant remember it word for word, but i guess this is just the gist of it ' God, if u save me from this, I promise i will spend the rest of my life for you.' In my opinion, that moment, he was receptive and open to the true faith.

This also reminds me of a story i received via email which said that, God won't help people who dont help themselves.

May Allah give the opportunity for the hearts of many Muslim brothers and sisters who have gone astray. There are many namesake muslims who are staining the image of Islam, knowingly or unknowingly. May Allah bring Deen into their hearts and Nur on the faces.Inshallah.

Ameen.

Lets all Muslims, make this world a better place for everyone.

No comments: