Feedback please :)

Saalam all readers, i'm looking forward to suggestions that you might have to improve the content and delivery of this blog. Please advise on how we can make this blog a more fruitful and knowledgeable source :)

Please send your suggestions to :
simplymuqmin@hotmail.com

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I'm just taking a peek at you!

Dear all.. My apologies on not blogging as usual. I've started to work and its been 5 months since I started slogging for Citibank. I'm thankful that i got a job 2 weeks right after i got my results.So, i'm not going to complain even if my job overworks and underpays me.. It all happens for a reason, Alhamdullilah. I just wanted to share some thots on money management. i don't earn big bucks. But, no matter how small, or how big, money management is very very important.

Alhamdullilah, i have started to donate more now. more for the less fortunate, more for religious function. i have learnt that Allah has blessed me more than what i need because he wants to test if i care to share :)

I have started making a list of each expenditure i make. even the smallest. In that way, i keep track of my outward funds and i won't be alarmed when my bank balance hits low at the end of the month.

Another way i manage my money is to keep thinking that 'This is too expensive'. i know, i'm cheating myself. Lol. Before i started working, i felt that a watch that costs SGD50 is expensive. Now that i earn, i can afford that easily. But, to refrain myself from spending on materialistic stuff, i still keep thinking that the SGD50 watch is expensive!

We have to be thankful for the money we have today, that we did not have yesterday. Allah tests us through children and money, my mom used to say. So, even if we earn a million per day, Always remember that what we have today is all that we owe to Allah. We are not gonna take it with us when we go, but we each cent is accountable.

Think twice before you spend a cent, cos there are many who can't even afford that.

No comments: